Friday, June 19, 2009

OUR LAST DAY IN VENICE





Today we spent a good part of the day in Murano.  This is an island right near Venice and is world famous for it's glass.  We were able to experience the glass blowing up close as they took us back stage if you will.  It was quite impressive and HOT.  We returned to Venice and took it easy. Picked up some last minute souveniers.  We had a great evening with the owners Mateo and Barbara.  They are extremely nice.  The entire staff here is incredible and we are all on a first name basis!!  Tomorrow we rent are car and drive off to Tuscany!!!!!  We hate to leave but ready to experience a different landscape.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there is never a dull moment! Hope you relax in Tuscany. Pictures are so great to see!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

What did you buy at the glass factory. Anything for me. Kristin is coming home today and I;m anxious to see her, Keep enjoying yourselves. Love you sooooo much Erik

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that I took my shower in your room, the shoots were all the right heights!! Believe me there wqs no soap left to my behind!!!!!