Wednesday, June 17, 2009

VENIZIA DAY ONE




We arrived with no complications.  I think I slept better on the plane than Michael, however I had a little help with Valium AND Tylenol PM!!  We arrived at our hotel via water taxi and the pictures above are from our terrace which over looks the grand canal and the Ponte Di Rialto.  A famous bridge here.  The sights are amazing.  This area seems to be lost in time.  It is all so surreal.  We visited an open market where you could purchase any fruit, vegetable or fish.  We are finding the people here very friendly and helpful.  I made a major NoNo when I asked for butter with the bread basket at lunch.  The waiter said NO NOT IN ITALY, I'll bring Olive Oil. OOps!! Well I won't do that again. Lunch was excellent of course as we had grilled vegetables, cheeses an breads. Love you all

7 comments:

Joe n Rabu said...

Glad you arrived safely. Enjoy your time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you're standing in front of a movie set. You're in Venice at a great time, before it gets too hot and the water starts to smell foul. Make sure you eat gelato every day on this trip. You won't regret a bite of it.

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Birthday Marianne! The photos are so beautiful. Can't wait to see more. Fred would also ask for butter! Have some wonderful italian pastries for me.
<3 Sheila

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday mom glad ur havin a good time in italy. I miss u mom and dad but.............imhavin a good time wit grammy and pepe

Love,
Erik,Grammy ,Pepe

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Mar!! Doesn't look like I need to tell you to have a great time! Enjoy
Love, Lin

Anonymous said...

Mar-

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday! Enjoy every minute! Can't wait to see more photos!

Arline

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby!
I hope you had an awesome day! I was in NYC again - still trying the same case. Not eating grilled veggies or even having the opportunity to ask for butta :)
Enjoy.
Weasie